Welcome to the IMRWorld Fellowship
The IMRWORLD Fellowship was inaugurated in October 2010 under the auspices of IMRG as an international network of leading professionals who work in or closely with the online commerce industry. Originally 25 Honorary Fellowships were awarded, and since then the network has continued to grow as other fellowships have been awarded to like-minded leaders of the e-Commerce world.
Interactive Media in Retail (IMR) is transforming the local and global consumer marketplace and millions of people now work in or support the e-retail industry.
The IMRWORLD Fellowship serves its professional community by recognizing industry leaders and providing for practitioners’ needs – networking, data, learning, qualifications, mentoring, coaching, continuous professional development and professional accreditation. It facilitates, hosts, enables, supports and energizes a global community of trusted e-business professionals.
We have been and continue to engage individuals from within IMRG’s existing international networks of senior e commerce executives, and are looking to expand membership through the recruitment of like-minded individuals.
The IMRWORLD Fellowship is a cradle for digital commerce intelligence and a force for innovation and progress. Our approach is multi-disciplinary, politically independent and combines cutting edge research and policy development with practical action.
IMRWORLD Fellowship Ranks and Privileges
All Fellows receive the following benefits for themselves for life* after being awarded an IMRWORLD Fellowship (*subject to its ethos and principles being adhered to):
- Formal recognition at the highest level for their work and achievements
- An enhanced profile and reputation for the recipient
- Increased awareness of the work the recipient has undertaken
- Permission to use the title suffix ‘Hon. IMRF’ after your name
- Admittance to a closed fellowship forum for sharing ideas, discussions and opinions (initially via LinkedIn)
- Free attendance to any IMRG or IMRWorld events
- Free access to the IMRG and IMRWorld member information sources and data resources
- Discounts or offers from other IMRG members as offered to IMRG members from time to time
IMRWORLD Fellowship Principles
- IMRWORLD Fellowship is for individuals who are established professionals working in or with e commerce.
- IMRWORLD Fellowship reflects the achievements, experience, training and professionalism of the individual.
- IMRWORLD Fellowship conveys the recognition of competence, status and reputation of the individual.
- IMRWORLD Fellows are role models and will share their knowledge with other Fellows by demonstrating continuous professional development; participating in, attending and presenting at appropriate qualifying industry events.
- IMRWORLD Fellowship is by invitation only: to become a Fellow an individual must be nominated by a current IMRWORLD Fellow and approved by the IMRWORLD Fellowship Council.
* Failure to adhere with the principle or actions deemed to take the Fellowship in disrepute may result in the exclusion and removal from the Fellowship.
Nominations for other potential Fellows are invited
Honorary IMRWORLD Fellowship is reserved for individuals who are making – or have made – significant contributions to the improvement and professionalism of the e-retail industry. We aim to continue to grow this groupthe Fellowship and therefore we invite you to nominate any individual who you believe is worthy of consideration.
Please e-mail any nominations with the reason you feel they should be considered to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsorship of the IMRWorld Fellowship
If either you or your company is interested in sponsoring the Honorary IMRWORLD Fellowship in any way, then please contact: Don Marshall on email@example.com
for more details.
Current Fellows awarded since October 2010
(Title and company details as correct at the time of award)
- Sir Tim Berners-Lee, MIT Professor and inventor of the World Wide Web, CERN
- Martha Lane Fox, UK Digital Champion and Co-founder of Lastminute.com, Lastminute.com
- Ulric Jerome, Executive Director, Pixmania
- Eric Platiau, Director of Finance, Groupe 3 Suisses International
- Christoph Wenk-Fischer, Chief Executive, BVH (German e-Commerce Association)
- Marc Lolivier, Secretary General, FEVAD (French e-Commerce Association)
- John Doyle, Information Society and Media Directorate General, European Commission
- Denis Terrien, CEO, Groupe 3 Suisses International
- Jonathan Wall, e-Commerce Director, Shop Direct Group
- Raouti Chehih, CEO, Euratechnologies
- Marc Perin, Director, BeCommerce (Belgian e-Commerce Association)
- Andrew Connell, Global Vice President Online Sales, Nokia
- Jonathan Reynolds, Academic Director, Oxford Institute of Retail Management
- Juraj Sebo, President, AZIO (Slovak e-Commerce Association)
- Alex Langshur, President and Director – Emeritus, Web Analytics Association
- Aad Weening, Secretary General, EMOTA
- John Andrews, CEO, Retail World
- Colum Joyce, Co-Founder, IMRWorld
- Paul Overdijk, Strategy Director, TNT Parcels
- Karl Wills, MD, MetaPack
- Chris Stevens, Head of Industry – Distance Selling, Swiss Post International
- Lionel Berthe, Director International Operations, Colipost (La Poste Group)
- Brian Girouard, Leader - Global Consumer Products/Retail/Distribution Sector, Capgemini
- Didier Farge, Founder and CEO, Conexance
- Malcom Harbour MEP, MEP & Chairman of the Committee on Internal Market and Consumer Protection (IMCO), European Parliament
- Don Marshall, Director of Consulting, Perceive Limited
- Patricia Ceysens, President, BeCommerce (Belgian e-Commerce Association)
New Fellows awarded on 13th March 2012 at RBTE
- Jeff Bezos, CEO, Amazon
- Nick Robertson, CEO, ASOS
- Jon Kamuluddin, International Director, ASOS
- Brian McBride (MD, Amazon.co.uk 2006-2011) Amazon.co.uk
- Jonathon Brown, Head of Online, John Lewis
- Michael Ross, Director (CEO, Figleaves 1999-2006), eCommera
- Neil Ashworth, Operations and Development Director, Tesco
- Tanya Lawler, Director, Digital & Cross Channel Group (Group Commercial Director, Argos 2002-2005), Sainsburys
- John Donahoe, President & CEO, eBay
- David Walmsley, Director of Multichannel Development , Marks & Spencer
- Peter Fitzgerald, Director, Retail, Google UK
- Susan Pointer, Director, Public Policy & Government Affairs EMEA, Google
- Jean-Marc Noel, MD & Founder, Trusted Shops
- Chris Webster, Vice President, Head of Retail, Capgemini
- David Best (Partner 1989-1998), Deloitte
- Chris Russell, Founding Director, eDigitalResearch
- Patrick Wall, CEO, MetaPack
- Ludovino Lopes, Presidente, Camara-e.net (Brazilian e-Commerce Association)
- Martin Gross-Albenhausen, MD BVH Services, BVH (German-Commerce Association)
- Walter Devenuto, President, EMOTA
- Alexandre Nilo Fonseca, President, ACEPI (Portuguese e-Commerce Association)
- Elena Gomez da Pozuela, President, Adigital (Spanish e-Commerce Association)
- Tomas Hájek, Secretary General, ADMAZ (Czech e-Commerce Association)
- Dieter Junghans, ProIdee
- Patrick Kessler, President , VSV (Swiss e-Commerce Association)
- Yoannis Kourniotis, President, EPAM (Greek e-Commerce Association)
- Sol Mestre, Institutional Relations Advisor, Adigital (Spanish e-Commerce Association)
- Pier Attilio Rubini, Secretary General, ANVED (Italian e-Commerce Association)
Current Fellows awarded since June 2012
- Tim Woolias, Head of Retail UK, Google
- Chris Harle, Financial Director, M and M Direct
- Mike Newham, Chief Customer Officer, Royal Mail
- Chris Brassington, CEO, Starfish 360
- Kobus Paulsen, Chairman, UC Group