Ensighten EMEA Marketing Manager
Location: London, U.K.
The EMEA Marketing drives multiple marketing initiatives in order to generate awareness and demand for Ensighten and its products in the EMEA region, directly supporting the company’s sales objectives.
This role requires a well-rounded marketing background with strong experience in multiple marketing disciplines that span PR and awareness, social media, demand generation, events, and telemarketing. The EMEA Marketing Manager also plays a key role in liaising between the U.S.-based corporate marketing team and the European sales organization.
The ideal candidate thrives in a technology start-up environment where there is rapid growth and change, and where processes and roles are evolving. Specific responsibilities include:
Required Skills & Experience:
- Plan and execute a comprehensive European marketing plan to create sales opportunities within new and existing sectors, achieve revenue targets, and support other business goals. Clearly document and communicate plans to corporate and field teams.
- Manage a European-wide marketing budget and optimize funds for maximum impact. Proactively engage in prioritization exercises; be willing and able to make smart trade-offs. Keep projects on budget and report actuals in a timely manner.
- Own all aspects of local demand generation programs tailored to the European market (including program execution, campaign content, translation and delivery). Utilize diverse channels including social media, webinars, advertising, trade shows, seminars and briefings, executive dinners, email marketing and more.
- Leverage US programs and resources wherever possible for efficiency and consistency. Create entirely new campaigns and content aligned with corporate strategy and messaging.
- Actively engage and leverage partners and other influencers to optimize the impact and reach of marketing initiatives, offset program costs, and increase sales opportunities.
- Help execute a well-defined European PR plan including press releases, customer reference activities, and media briefings. Actively manage a local PR firm to achieve awareness goals. Identify and nurture key customer references and facilitate the development of documented customer case studies.
- Source, hire and manage external vendors, including design agencies, telemarketing or lead qualification firms. Negotiate contracts, ensure on-time and on-budget execution of deliverables.
- Create transparency by ensuring all campaigns and results are appropriately logged in marketing systems. Be able to report quantitatively and qualitatively on near term and long term program ROI.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business or related discipline.
- 5+ years’ European marketing experience for U.S. based B2B enterprise software, ideally cloud-based or SaaS.
- Passion for and proven ability to perform at an early stage, high-growth startup.
- Self-starter, resourceful, with a “get stuff done” orientation. Affinity for working environments which favor and reward decisions, actions, results.
- Excellent written, oral, and visual communication skills are critical to success.
- Highly skilled in collaborating with sales and marketing teams to plan and execute programs using a broad array of marketing vehicles.
- Proven success in supporting field sales teams – giving, receiving and adjusting to feedback, effectively prioritizing multiple requests, and focusing teams on specific initiatives.
- Capable of managing multiple programs and initiatives simultaneously. Able to adjust to changing and competing priorities.
- Proven ability to effectively manage vendors and budgets for timely and cost-effective delivery of programs.
- Organized and detail-oriented with strong follow-through.
- Ability to communicate plans, activities and results at all levels in the company.
- Experience using Salesforce.com and any major marketing automation platform.
- Sound understanding of standard marketing metrics such as lead funnel, conversion rates, social sharing, etc.
- Event management is a plus, e.g. hotel and venue booking, catering, audio-visual.
- Design background and experience using standard design tools is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Multi-lingual a plus.
Travel is required within the EMEA region for trade shows and events, and to U.S. for corporate meetings.
No recruiters please.