Leeds, United Kingdom -30 April 2012
- Award-winning ecommerce specialist Chapter Eight
has - for the third time - demonstrated its commitment to data security after announcing its top level compliance certification with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
Its ecommerce platform underwent a third annual audit to receive the gold-standard guarantee for secure online transactions. Chapter Eight is one of only a handful of ecommerce providers in the UK to maintain the security compliance for its entire platform. It is also one of the only PCI DSS Level 1 Certified digital agencies to be registered as a Visa Merchant Agent
PCI DSS is a globally recognised data standard developed by the founding payment brands of the PCI Security Standards Council, including American Express, Discover Financial Services, JCB International, MasterCard Worldwide, and Visa Inc. It aims to help organisations that process, store and transmit card information to prevent credit and debit card fraud.
Mario Thomas, Co-founder and Managing Director of Chapter Eight, said: "Regular press coverage regarding compromised data has made people more aware of where they allow their personal data to be processed. Businesses need to be responsive to this and show people that they not only comply with the latest security standards but take an active approach to maintaining compliance throughout the year. Whilst PCI DSS is seen as the gold-standard in our industry it is important that it is not treated like an MOT for a car. PCI DSS is the minimum level of compliance any business processing personal data - not just credit card data - should employ. Once embedded in your business it should become a state of mind, not something put to the bottom of the pile until next years audit."
Chapter Eight manages more than 1,000 websites. Its key clients include The Coca-Cola Company, Gulf Oil International, SockShop and The Co-operative Motor Group.
Mr Thomas added: "It is our continuous management of PCI DSS throughout the year that has helped us make our annual audit more straightforward and easily managed within our security and risk mitigation framework."
Its multi-channel payment systems have processed more than half a billion pounds to date, so maintaining and actively managing a world class level of data security is of paramount importance.
Sue Griffin, Compliance and Risk Director at Chapter Eight, said: “As a security conscious organisation, we are very proud that, for the third year running, the quality of our ecommerce systems and procedures have been verified as continuing to be compliant at the highest achievable level and to the latest standard of PCI. It is incredibly important to Chapter Eight that we keep our clients - and their customers’ - payment card data 100 per cent secure giving them the peace of mind to focus on selling their products and services online. “The ongoing and proactive management of our Level 1 compliance with PCI DSS is key to providing a secure platform for our clients and is recognised by organisations such as Visa, as confirmed by our inclusion on the Visa Europe Merchant Agents List.”
The RAR recommended Visa Merchant Agent is based in Leeds and London, with its main headquarters in the heart of Leeds city-centre, in The Basilica. - ENDS -Notes to Editors
1. Contact - For further information, interview or images please contact Natasha Green on 0113 227 0800 or email email@example.com
2. Chapter Eight is a full service RAR recommended ecommerce agency, specialising in retail ecommerce, mobile commerce, multi-currency payments, content managed websites, social media and digital marketing. Co-founded in 2002 by Mario Thomas, Brian Lees and Andy Atkinson, the company is fast growing and has an impressive track record of delivering more than 2,000 online, software and digital marketing projects to date. The Visa Merchant Agent processed more than £100m of ecommerce transactions in 2011 and has processed two million transactions to date. Clients include The Coca-Cola Company, Gulf Oil International, The Co-operative Motor Group, tve and SockShop.
3. Visit www.chaptereight.com/blog/news/
to see all of Chapter Eight's press releases.
4. Visit www.chaptereight.com
for more information.