Date:13 September 2012 09:30 Start : 13:00 Finish
Usability Seminar - Mobile and Tablet: Extending the Customer Journey
How can good usability and user experience give you advantage in today’s evolving e-commerce market?
The omni-channel customer journey now goes far beyond the website experience, with new devices entering the market every day. IMRG invites you to a morning session to find out from the experts how you can improve the performance of your site across all customer touch-points.
This session will be chaired by David Hawdale, CXO of Hawdale Associates. You can view a short video from David below:
We’ll be looking at the extended customer journey via mobile and tablets, and how testing and user-based design can help increase your revenues and conversion rates.
IMRG have presentations from:
- Amplience - Max Childs, Marketing Director - User Experience in the Omni-Channel World - Amplience will be exploring best practice, and giving their 10 Top Tips to help Retailers engage their customers more effectively across their digital channels.
- Intechnica - Larry Haig, Senior Consultant - The importance of application performance to usability - In web and mobile applications, especially in retail and ecommerce, performance is a paramount in ensuring a good user experience; studies show that site speed and reliability are key factors in customer loyalty and satisfaction, and thus conversion rates and profitability. Larry Haig will give a talk, based on over 20 years of experience in helping retail businesses, clearly pointing up why understanding and managing performance is a vital component in overall user experience and site success.
- Yuseo - Jean-Pierre Le Borgne, User specialist - Digital Customer Knowledge at the core any omni-channel strategy - Optimization of the customer experience to deliver loyalty, utility of the new devices to secure performance and satisfaction. For that purpose Yuseo will use the results of the different surveys and customer experience focus regarding the digital channels experience.
- How Splendid - Ben Ireland, Head of User Experience- Brand Presence vs Frictionless Interaction
How brands can behave uniquely on next-gen devices without impeding customer engagement.
- Salmon - Andy Jones, Director of Customer Experience - Insights into running Usability testing and what you might learn
David Hawdale says: “Mobile and Tablet are revolutionising how customers can interact with brands, and where they can do it. No longer must the consumer wait to get home to research or make a purchase - they can buy a fridge from the top deck of a bus if they want to ... or even supermarket shop from a poster on a Korean Subway wall.
"More than ever this is leading to increased competition, with 15% of consumers benchmarking prices in store; increased interaction, with second tactile screens accompanying our TV viewing; and increased time online browsing and researching while travelling. What must retailers do to take advantage of this massively extended customer journey?”